Technical Roadmap & Current Version
This is the roadmap outlining technical features for each stage. Please note that everything is work in progress and the roadmap is subject to change.
- Alpha 1 - Command-line only.
- Supports only direct connections where port is externally accessible (forwarded)
- Proof of concept of the communication protocol and initial peer discovery.
- Alpha 2 released on 10.05.2021: Improved connectivity.
- UDP hole punching
- UPnP support
- Alpha 3: Released on 29.07.2021:
- Built-in debug tools
- New analytics site -> https://1.peernet.network/
- Alpha 4: 11.10.2021
- User blockchain.
- Dummy API for search and other browser functionality.
- Alpha 5: 14.12.2021: Launch of MVP! Peernet Browser with basic features - search, explore, and share files!
- Alpha 6: 31.12.2021: Bugfixes and setup improvements
We have a new roadmap for 2022! We identified 4 major releases until Beta 1 in August 2022 (which should reach product market fit). We are currently fundraising and publicly share the timeline once raising the seed round is complete.
- Alpha 7: 27.02.2022
Fixes: * Performance improvement in UDT implementation a. New lite protocol b. Implementation improvements * Browser: Debug terminal fixes. * Browser: Refactoring code, remove unnecessary bulky framework. Fixes tab switches usability. * Browser: Upgrade to .NET 6 * Browser: Fix when closing via Alt + F4. * Setup: Delete cache folders. Features: * Browser: Plugin System including SDK at https://github.com/PeernetOfficial/SDK * Browser Plugin: Video Player (initial version)